Sunday, September 2, 2018

Term 3 week 6

As week 6 goes by, its been probably the most stressful time for me in terms of schooling, because not only do I have Tournament next week basically all my subjects have assessments that are due in on friday, but with my daily prayers and encouragement from my parents and peers I know that I will hand these all in before I go to tournament week.This year I am very determined to get a excellence endorsement in my NCEA level 2, which will be very useful when applying for scholarships, jobs etc.

This past Thursday I helped my whanau(Otuuwairoa) learn a Tongan hymn that the whole school will be singing at the next assembly as it is Tongan language Week next week. Being apart of  different leadership groups really helps me develop my leadership skills more and more every week, For example every Tuesday Ka, E.K and I have our year 9 kaitohutohu class which we take care of, Being able to interact with these year 9s and teaching them about leadership things they have never learnt before is a real blessing for me because I can see already that most of them are developing into young leaders of our school.I honestly without a doubt cannot wait to see our year 9s develop into leaders.

Next week I will be at the NZRL national rugby league tournament, but that does not mean that I do no work, It just means I have heaps of homework to do and studies to catch up on. Its a real privilege to be apart of the leadership groups at Papakura High School.


2 comments:

  1. Pongi your goal of reaching excellence in your level 2 is fantastic. Keep your sights on this goal and dont allow yourself to be distracted from it. The league tournament will be very exciting and you will find ways to juggle your school work. As the boys are not sleeping over at school this should be much easier this year. All the best for your games - Ill be there watching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malo Pongi. Very exciting to hear about your league tournament. Remember that the work in your classes has not stopped for this. Think of ways you can manage the week to ensure you do not neglect your goals. Enjoyed reading your post

    ReplyDelete